Bonaberi.com Publicité
Forum Bonaberi.com
Le Cameroun comme si vous y étiez
FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Discover the top most expensive cities of the world
Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum Bonaberi.com Index du Forum -> Divers
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Bridge

MessagePosté le: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:46 am    Sujet du message: Discover the top most expensive cities of the world Répondre en citant

Hey folks,
When I take a look at the list of the 50 top most expensive cities in the world, you feel like living in African cities is much more economical but the big surprise is Douala.
Douala tops the list for African cities.

Douala is 1st in Africa and 24th in the world.

Take a look here.
http://bridgeafrik.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1217388862/0
www.myeverydayenglish.com
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TroubleMaker
Utilisateur banni

MessagePosté le: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:21 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Why are you surprised? These rankings are done by the standards of living in that particular city and the salaries of the average worker. One dollar ($1) is usually how they calculate it. They estimate what one can get with one dollar in that place and how one can live using their salaries. All this including working hours, inflation rates and exchange rates. That's why you can't compare living in Douala versus living in London, different countries, different living costs, different salaries.

Anyway, your link shows old facts. Below you'll find the most expensive cities in 2008.

http://www.citymayors.com/economics/expensive_cities2.html
meb
Bérinaute Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:34 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I don't think in the new rankings, all the cities have been computed, since douala who was at a level of 92 is no longer in a ranking going to a level of 31
I am sure People in Douala feel the life is more cheaper than four years ago.

But still, two interesting rankings.
thank you

Ce n'est pas encore écrit, ça l'était juste...
sur http://mebene.over-blog.com/
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Nji

MessagePosté le: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I don't know on which basis they are raking these countries. the only think I'm sure about is the cost of living that is rocketting in developping and poor countries.
Even though London is more expensive than Douala, live is still much more affordable there because you can easilly find a well paid job there and sustain that cost of living. In Foumban, things are cheap in Douala standards but people can't find that money to buy them on th emarket.
So, it is very artificial to make those rankings. It would be wiser to classify those states basing on the affordability of the cost of linving. you'll see that the most expensive city is not London but one of our remote poor towns.

Le_Bantou

MessagePosté le: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

For your records, there's a basis for the publication and classification of those cities. and instead of wondering how they came about the said results, u better find out what is their process and understand the results. i am sure there's a logical methodology for this computation
Nji

MessagePosté le: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Whatever their methodologies and criteria, they don't take into account the affordability of the cost of living in those cities. Because London wouldn't be the most expensive, any developed city would.
Le_Bantou

MessagePosté le: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Nji a écrit:
Whatever their methodologies and criteria, they don't take into account the affordability of the cost of living in those cities. Because London wouldn't be the most expensive, any developed city would.

Are you sure they didn't take into consideration the affordability of the cost of living in those cities?
Are you even sure they consider it as a criteria for their computation?

If you have any request, pls consult their website and write a complaint or a query, and maybe they'll explain it better to you. Who knows....

Bridge

MessagePosté le: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I think the most influencial factor is the value of the US dollar.
The weaker it becomes the higher countries with comparative currencies shoot up the ranks.
Aren't you guys surprised at New York's rank? Not to talk of Los Angelos!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Los Angeles
Grand shabbeur

MessagePosté le: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:50 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dernière édition par Los Angeles le Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:19 pm; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Bridge

MessagePosté le: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:43 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

L.a is it really a miracle?
Sometimes what people need is a starter.
I have a hot forum which is entirely in English.
Someone here could as well spice it up with some French.
Cheers!

NB. Douala is no longer the most expensive African city.
In the recent 2008 survey, Lagos has taken over the top position.
Los Angeles
Grand shabbeur

MessagePosté le: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:32 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dernière édition par Los Angeles le Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:18 pm; édité 1 fois
Bridge

MessagePosté le: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Here is a link to the document.
http://bridgeafrik.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1217388862

You can see the whole list.
And that is my forum too.
You are welcome to join.
Catch you.
Ifunanya
Shabbaeur du lac

MessagePosté le: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Los Angeles a écrit:
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Assimba ééh a zambe wama !!!! Les forumistes parlent deja l anglais Very Happy
This is a history making here for the first subject completely in English and WOW I am impressed and shocked Very Happy Nji entre nous la tu as used ke quel translator non ? Very Happy
Thanks Bridge for making this miracle happened Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
la vie c est la chance Wink
Bonaberi.com where amazing happens !!! Very Happy

la la la! I'm gonna be truthful to you on this one because this is the second time I've noticed it from you. English language is not an achievement as you seem to think. There are people you speak, read and write more than English. What do you do about those? I can assure you that 3/4 of the people on this forum at least understand English as you write or speak because they learned it at school. Please do not underestimate the abilities of ohter people just because you know how to do something. Or are you just joking as usual? Anyway, whether you are joking or not, I just thougt that I would bring this to your attention. Having said that I still love and respect you my dear. Don't take what i just said too personnally alright, I'm just trying to express what I seemed to notice.
Los Angeles
Grand shabbeur

MessagePosté le: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dernière édition par Los Angeles le Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:19 pm; édité 1 fois
Ifunanya
Shabbaeur du lac

MessagePosté le: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

@ L.a.: haaan ok! je ne sais pas comment on a traite Bridge, mais j'ai vu ke tu as demande a Haroun une fois et a Nji de quel site ils se sont servi pour la traduction as if they were not able to do it themselves, and that led me to think that you are underestimating. C'est pour ca que j'ai fait la remarque. But anyway, I'm wrong as i see. Thanks for understanding that I'm not picking on you. Wink
Bridge

MessagePosté le: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

This link tells you all about the source L.a

http://www.citymayors.com/features/cost_survey.html

I am a fan of Forbes too!
otzi

MessagePosté le: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Bridge a écrit:
This link tells you all about the source L.a

http://www.citymayors.com/features/cost_survey.html

I am a fan of Forbes too!

Ce classement me semble plus probant...car il me semblait avoir lu que moscou était devenue la ville la plus chère du monde du fait de l'explosion de milliardaires en russie...qui ont notamment fait flamber les prix de l'immobilier, vu que le commun des mortel reste payé au rouble classique, la vie est devenu très strong chez les moscovites...

Pour les villes africaines je me demande si les responsables de ces questions lisent ce genre d'information et ce qu'ils en font le cas échéant, s'ils pouvaient tenter de comprendre ce que vit le peuple...avant de mettre en place des plans de rigueur comme ça a parfois été le cas!
Los Angeles
Grand shabbeur

MessagePosté le: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:50 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dernière édition par Los Angeles le Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:20 pm; édité 1 fois
Bridge

MessagePosté le: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:51 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

otzi a écrit:

Pour les villes africaines je me demande si les responsables de ces questions lisent ce genre d'information et ce qu'ils en font le cas échéant, s'ils pouvaient tenter de comprendre ce que vit le peuple...avant de mettre en place des plans de rigueur comme ça a parfois été le cas!

Our media says very little or nothing about this kind of information because or it's praise-singing nature.
Bridge

MessagePosté le: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I think more economic capitals feature than administrative capitals.
So Yaounde and Abuja couldn't make it into the list.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum Bonaberi.com Index du Forum -> Divers Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Page 1 sur 2

Sauter vers: