Bonaberi.com Publicité
Forum Bonaberi.com
Le Cameroun comme si vous y étiez
FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
If you had the power to change something in Cameroon...!

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum Bonaberi.com Index du Forum -> Actualité et débats dits sérieux
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  

Which sector in Cameroon needs THE MOST urgent reforms?
Education
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Health
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Business
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Sports
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Culture
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total des votes : 10

Auteur Message
Bridge

MessagePosté le: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:55 pm    Sujet du message: If you had the power to change something in Cameroon...! Répondre en citant

If you had the power to change something in Cameroon what would you change? Which sector would you begin with? Education? Health? Culture? Millitary? Sports? Environment?
www.myeverydayenglish.com
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Abdel

MessagePosté le: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:09 pm    Sujet du message: Re: If you had the power to change something in Cameroon...! Répondre en citant

Bridge a écrit:
If you had the power to change something in Cameroon what would you change? Which sector would you begin with? Education? Health? Culture? Millitary? Sports? Environment?

The most important thing to change right now in Cameroon is its leadership, but unfortunately it is not mentioned in you survey.
As suggestion, I would like to ask you to incorporate it into the survey because no other change can be effective if the leadership remains as it is. the system most be totally reviewed to give way a more capable, motivated and talented men and women who will lift Cameroon up to where it should be.

Don't you see that even after sending many ministers to jail for embezzlement and corruption, nothing is really improving ?
Nji

MessagePosté le: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:23 pm    Sujet du message: Re: If you had the power to change something in Cameroon...! Répondre en citant

Abdel a écrit:
Bridge a écrit:

Don't you see that even after sending many ministers to jail for embezzlement and corruption, nothing is really improving ?

I do completely agree with you when you're talking about leadership change. We need a person (I'd rather a group of persons) capable of managing change in our country. We have competant cameroonians back home and abroad who are either neglected or missused.
However, limitting change on the leadership level is less likely to challenge the culture of corruption or the lack of good governance and democracy. For, I suspect people who are chellenging the current authority will just act the same or worse.
Thus, we need to change things from the basis of our society, which is education. We have acceptable training capacity but education has detoriated for decades, weakening the moral basis of our society. Education is not only a matter of schools or universities but has to embrase other informal channels of dispensation. People really need to be taught what being a 21st century cameroonian means and involves.

Bridge

MessagePosté le: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hey boyz!
That's powerful thinking.
Abdel, I totally agree with you that the biggest reform that can be made is the leadership. But sometimes I feel and act like we don't even have a leadership. (Reason why I didn't include that option in the poll - of course it would carry all the votes and close the topic).

In my opinion, since the entire economy is down the abyss I prefer us to ponder over which sector of the economy to begin with should the ghost leadership suddenly disappear one morning. As mentioned by Nji, if we focus too much on the leadership and forget to think about what the details of the problems are we run the risk of being taken unawares with no time to think some day in not a very distant future.
Keep it coming men!
Cheers!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bridge

MessagePosté le: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:46 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I am surprised no one votes for the "Culture" option on the poll.
Nji

MessagePosté le: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:58 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Bridge a écrit:
I am surprised no one votes for the "Culture" option on the poll.

All is in "priority"
lafrik1
Petit shabbaeur

MessagePosté le: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:03 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Moi je suis plutôt surpris que la santé ne figure pas en premier plan. Pour réaliser une quelconque activité, il faut être solide, il faut avoir un corps sain. Je privilégierai donc la santé.

MessagePosté le: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

On ne peut pas définir radicalement ce qui est une priorité. Tout se tient. Il ne faut pas négliger un choix pour l'autre mais voir comment harmonisere tout cela dans un ensemble très cohérent.
lafrik1
Petit shabbaeur

MessagePosté le: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:16 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Très juste , mais même dans l'harmonisation il y aura toujours un domaine dans lequel on s'investira le plus(Du moins pour un début).

MessagePosté le: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:30 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

lafrik1 a écrit:
Très juste , mais même dans l'harmonisation il y aura toujours un domaine dans lequel on s'investira le plus(Du moins pour un début).

Tu as raison, et ce sera en fonction des urgences et arbitrages budgétaires notamment.
Donc, s'il faut choisir entre construire une école et un hôpital, il faudra évaluer les avantages pour la communauté, la proximité d'écoles ou de centres de santé, les coûts et après on tranche.
Si dès le début on définit les priorités ou le secteur qui emportera, on perdra de vue une vue d'ensemble.

Bridge

MessagePosté le: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:08 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I think Health and Education do however stand out.
Nji which option did you vote for?
TheNeo
Shabbaeur du lac

MessagePosté le: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Improve our education and health system is for me the big deal for our country/society.
I vote Health because i'm still thinking that our education system is'nt so bad for a so poor country(..not perfect also) but the health system is so destitute that i said God protect us.... How is possible that in 2008: water is not accessible to all, people die from malaria,

..changing the Leadership...
People who are thinkin that the leardership have be to change are'nt wrong but i that this is a cycle(governors<==>governed) where each of us have a part of responsibility... and the governed/people are more concerned(i'm thinkin)

How we(camerounians) should change our morality, our vision to build up our country and not villas in Europe. The Improvement must came from the governed/people, from individualities..whether we are responsible enough to do or not do some things this we'll have an impact on our families, friends and on our country.

Let's see for example the "operation epervier", do you thing that director who are in fucntion again are afraid from this "operation"?... NO, they are still stealing our money.this because the system is corrupted the..system means all the people (we are a part of this system).

Change fromDOWN to UP would have more impacts like UP to DOWN
Nji

MessagePosté le: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Bridge a écrit:
I think Health and Education do however stand out.
Nji which option did you vote for?

Education.
Bridge

MessagePosté le: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:17 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

TheNeo I like your sentence "The system means all the poeple...we are part of the system." And I agree very much with your idea that the change has to come from us too. That's why I thought the entire culture and way of thinking is a priority.

Measures like "L'operation epervier" are make-believes to make the situation look like something is being done. Of what use is it to arrest a guy who has embezzled millions and imprison him without getting back the money? It's like giving him a good holiday during which he can better manage his stolen wealth.
It's an incomplete procedure. The effect it has on the others still working is: "Let us steal as much as possible before the Epervier gets to us."
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum Bonaberi.com Index du Forum -> Actualité et débats dits sérieux Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: